Sunday, January 23, 2011

Aspirations

I have wanted to become a teacher from very early in life. Some of my earliest memories are of playing school with my dolls. This childhood dream has grown over the years to become a career aspiration. Now, as I am trying to make that happen, I worry whether I will be any good at teaching.

            I want to become a teacher that inspires students the way many of my teacher inspired me. My teachers were some of the most patient and knowledgeable people I have met. I am not quite sure I can claim to be the same. Thus I want to figure out what supposedly makes a really good teacher.

            I hope that by figuring out what qualities good teachers have, I can begin to develop those qualities. By doing this I will be confident that I have taken the steps necessary to become a teacher that children deserve.  I want to be the kind of teacher that my nephews or someday my children deserve to have. I want to become a teacher that inspires her students.

1 comment:

  1. I just realized your post is from 2011, I hope you became the teacher you wanted to be, the teacher that inspires, that is knowledgeable, and patient :) I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete